02 February 2012

Pyjamas in Public: Good idea? or Bad Idea?

Dear Everyone,

Do you wear your pyjamas in public?

Well, you shouldn't. And I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Apparently it has become an epidemic over the years, and a social welfare office in Dublin agrees. No pyjamas allowed when visiting the office. But this isn't the first time such a ban was put into place. A school in the Belfast even tried to ban parents from wearing their cozy attire when dropping of their children. Alas, because of certain laws, they couldn't actually ban it, but a polite letter was sent in the mail. A Tesco (a huge European Supermarket chain) in Cardiff,  did actually ban PJ wearing customers. So I wonder, why do people feel the need to wear their pyjamas to the grocery store, or while dropping off their children, etc. Maybe it's laundry day?

Personally, I'd be a little chilly wearing my comfy attire outside. Do you know how breezy some PJ bottoms can be!? And when it rains in Ireland, it usually comes with strong winds. Wet bottoms are not comfortable ladies, and not very flattering either. I also think PJ wearing people look a little silly. Don't ya think? Why not just keep them inside, where you are cuddle up with your partner, and get under the covers... etc...etc. I know, I'm not one to want to dress to the nines just to pick up a jug of milk around the corner, but some trousers that don't have flowers printed all over them and a top that doesn't expose your lady bits are probably a better idea.

Now you ask, "but Monica, I HATE trousers. They are tight, and don't make me look nice. I just HATE them". Well ladies, there's something called "work out trousers". Now, it could be looked upon as a bad idea as well. But my thought is, "if I look like I'm going to the gym, then everyone will be intimidated by my motivation to stay fit". Now, do you think anyone will realize that you're not actually headed to your local YMCA? Nope. But don't buy those cheap looking ones, buy something nice that flatters you. But don't buy a TRACK SUIT. DO NOT BUY A TRACK SUIT. You will always look horrible. Always. Oh, and men... don't wear your grey sweat pants around town...you're just as bad as your female counterparts. Unless you're jogging in a park, I don't want to see .... it. You know what I mean.

I should add one thing though.
Don't wear your "pretend" gym clothes to a welfare office, or a potential place of employment. The only solution there is to actually wear real clothes. It's not hard folks.

So Ireland, please stop wearing PJs around town, and full blown pink track suits. You don't look nice.

Thanks.

M

1 comment:

  1. Hahaaa it's funny that as I am reading this I'm wearing PJ bottoms that I have worn all day in school. In my defence they just look like normal comfortable black trousers. But I know H&M labelled them PJs and it makes me feel extra good and comfortable.
    STAY STRONG ALL YOU PJ WEARERS!

    ReplyDelete