29 February 2012

It's a Leap Day!: Who wants this postcard?

Hello friends & foes,

Yes. I know.. it's been a while since my last post. Perhaps I'm not cut out to be an "everyday" blogger. I try to be, but one day starts to blend into the next, and suddenly say to yourself "hold on a wee second, today's not March.. it's a leap day!".

Now some of you may know, leap years seem to have a special meaning in some places in the world... i.e Ireland. Apparently this "marriage proposal" legend is an old Irish legend, but I don't want to classify it entirely as an "Irish" thing. According to Wikipedia (and we all believe in wiki right?), it also refers to Britain when explaining the tradition.

The legend goes, that a woman is allowed to propose to a fella on the leap day of any given leap year. The man must say yes, for if he refuses he must provide the lady with a gift. The gift is said to be 12 gloves for every month she is "ringless" to prevent any sort of "embarrassment".

Anywho, I didn't get a gift. Darn! But maybe my proposal wasn't good enough?! Maybe if I had the 'right' way to do it, then my fella would have say yes.

That brings me to a question...

If you were to propose to your lucky lady or fella, how would you do it? Or perhaps you have a proposal story you'd like to share?

Either way, by answering the question, you'll be entered to win a gift!

A postcard! From Ireland! From Me!



All you have to do is leave a comment below and check back Friday to see if you've won! Meaning, you have until Thursday to answer the question!

woohoo for free stuff!


Keep Smilin' Folks,

Happy Leap Day 2012!

M.


No comments:

Post a Comment